life, love, and maybe babies

Monday, February 2, 2015

The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award11



Well color me honored, I got nominated for a major award!!

(Okay, it may not be a major award, but I love "A Christmas Story," so I had to work that in.)

Little miss Kaeleigh over at the Unpregnant Chicken  has honored me with the "Sisterhood of the World" Bloggers award. This bloggie award honors unique voices of women bloggers around the world, and really, we could use more of those. I love blogging about the trials and tribulations of becoming knocked up and I'm always so happy when I hear that people a) read my shiz and b) think it's funny or informative. I appreciate anyone recognizing my attempts to be humorous, so Kaeleigh, thank you so much for the award and if I misspelled your name, it's because cut/paste didn't work properly.

So, here's how this whole thing goes:


  • Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site. - DONE!
  • Put the award logo on your blog. - DONE!
  • Answer the ten questions the nominator has set you. - See below!
  • Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer. Nominate ten people. - Oh God, this is gonna be tough.
Here are the 10 questions that Kaeleigh thoughtfully asked. Hopefully they will give you a chance to get to know me even better than you thought you did before!

1. What is your favorite book or movie and why?
This is seriously impossible. My fave movie of all time is "Gone With the Wind" but I may or may not have watched "The Devil Wears Prada" 638 times. Just this year alone. Right now, my fave book is "Sharp Objects" from Gillian Flynn. But man, I sure did love "Yes Please" by Amy Poehler. This is what happens when you're in book club...you read a lot and love everything.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Don't laugh, but I wanted to be someone who pumped gas into other people's cars. I love the smell of gasoline. And if that didn't work out, I wanted to iron clothes for people.

So...basically a maid.
3. Where would you travel if money was no object?
The more appropriate question is where wouldn't I travel? Ha. No, seriously, I want to go to Italy like nobody's business. I'm an interior designer by education and some of the most exquisite buildings in the world are in Italy. Or Europe in general.
4. What do you miss most about childhood?
I miss simplicity. Never worrying about if my cable bill was overdue or why I can't get pregnant after 9,000 tries. I miss waking up and my biggest worry being whether I would have peanut butter and jelly or bologna for lunch.
5. If you could have any fictional character for a pet who would it be?
DUH. I want the pig from "Babe." He can sing and talk!
6. Do you have any gross habits that you try to hide?
You guys, I am quite possibly the gassiest woman on the planet.
7. Coffee,hot chocolate or tea?
Tea all day.
8. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I get to frame my reality. If I think the world is unfair, I get to make it unfair. if I think I'm amazing, I can be amazing. I am 100% uninhibited (part of that comes from being somewhat anonymous) and able to tell my truth from my point of view. And there are no deadlines. :-)
9. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
IVF is up there. I never thought I would have gone that far to be a mom, but it's amazing what you find that you can and will do to fulfill a dream you've had for over 30 years.
10. Do you have any hobbies?
I'm a major book reader and i write freelance for a few local magazines. I am also a nail polish addict. Like...it's a problem. And blogging. That's a hobby, right? THE MOST AWESOME HOBBY OF ALL!

Now the hard part. I have to nominate 10 other people. Here we go:





Okay, that's only 4 and I know that's pathetic. I'm sorry -almost all the bloggers I wanted to pick have already been picked! I'm such an under achiever...sorry guys. So, you four that I chose, here are your 10 questions.

1. Who is your blog idol?

2. What song do you sing loudest in the shower?

3. What's your favorite curse word to yell at your ovaries?

4. You get to meet one of your favorite fictional characters. Who is it?

5. What do you think about when you need to smile?

6. If you could switch careers and be awesome at something other than what you currently do, what would it be?

7. What's your go-to "I didn't have time to do my hair" style?

8. Taylor Swift or Katy Perry? YOU HAVE TO PICK ONE. If you want to.

9. Would you rather legally change your last name to Hitler or never eat chocolate again?

10. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you love Benedict Cumberbatch? (If it's below 5, I don't know if we can be friends.)


Love you all!

XOXO,





No comments:

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs