life, love, and maybe babies

Thursday, August 7, 2014

...and so it begins

Wow- I'm really doing this. I am really starting a blog and telling a whole boatload of strangers about my infertility issues.

Am I crazy?

For a brief history, let me sum it up like this:
  1. Been married 7 years
  2. Trying for a kiddo for 4. I've enjoyed all the practice, but c'mon already.
  3. 2 failed IUI's
  4. Have begun the journey to IVF...and when I say journey I mean, tumultuous, crazy, balls to the wall nuts, loony-toony, what-the-hell-have-I-gotten-myself-into journey.
  5. I need an outlet, and I need support. Hence this bloggy blog.        
 And now, a list of warnings, right up front so there's no confusion.
  1. I curse. Maybe a lot. I couldn't curse as a kid or teen, so I'm making up for lost time. Besides, expletives are fun.
  2. I will tell stories about my lady parts. I won't show pictures of my lady parts.
  3. I have sort of come out of the anonymous closet by posting my real first name and photo of myself. But that's as far as it goes. My stepkids' names will be confidential, as will my husband's. I don't really know why, and it all might change. But we'll go with it for now.
  4.  My posts will have no rhyme or reason. And not every post will be about infertility. So there.
  5. I'm not a typical infertility person. I don't use acronyms like BFN and BFP and TTC and DH. If I get a negative test I'll just say I GOT A GOD DAMN NEGATIVE!!! Mmk? 
Even though I've been dealing with baby making trouble for 4 years, I feel like I'm just now learning so much that I didn't before. I'll share it all with you.

So take off your shoes, pour some wine and come along with me. Cry with me. Laugh with me. Be completely paranoid with me.


Getting pregnant is conceivable - or at least I choose to believe it is.


Love to all,



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the honesty. I'm going through much the same and some of what's most frustrating is that you're supposed to be silent about the whole thing while fertile myrtles can openly talk about their ultrasounds and whatnot (to which I want to say, "bish, please. You think you know ultrasounds?"). I don't know if it's all the extra hormonal manipulation month in month out or the tides of hope and hopelessness, but silence doesn't seem fruitful, so, again, thank you for voicing your frustration. And fingers crossed that you can post another dopey "this is the month!" Photo, and mean it.

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs